Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Recovery
Sulfur hexafluoride, SF6, is used around the world as a dielectric medium for high-voltage circuit breakers, switchgear, and other electrical equipment. Additionally, it is used for the filling of insulated windows and for the casting of magnesium. SF6 is expensive and is also a powerful green house gas (20,000 times more potent than CO2). GENERON® membranes allow SF6 to be retained at high pressure (close to feed pressure) while permeating out the unwanted air.
GENERON‘s® SF6 Recovery systems help cut the SF6 emissions by > 90% with a projected payback time of less than a year (for most applications). The customized SF6 Recovery Systems® are manufactured in our ISO 9000 Certified facility in Houston, TX, while the membrane® is fabricated in our Pittsburg, CA facility. GENERON works directly with the client to provide the most efficient and cost effective solution. Contact one of our engineering professionals at +1.713.937.5200 or using our online form.
The GENERON® Advantage
- Extensive Experience – custom designed skids
- State-of-the-art Membrane – high recoveries
- Simple Solution – no moving parts, minimal maintenance
- Engineering support from concept to completion
- Remote Operation – Minimal attention required, fully automated systems
- Minimal Losses – low H losses
- No Chemicals – environmentally friendly
- Small Footprint – easily meet footprint requirements
- Circuit Breakers
- Electrical switch-gear
- Magnesium casting
- Sports Shoes
- Transformer manufacturing
- Window thermal insulation
In a typical GENERON® membrane system for SF6 recovery the feed gas is compressed and filtered to remove particles and condensate. A heating step provides an optimum operation temperature for the feed gas to enter the GENERON® membrane filters. SF6 gas permeates extremely “slow” through the membrane walls and remains at pressure. The “faster” permeating gases, e.g. N2, O2, H2O, are removed with the permeate.
- Feed gas pressures up to 1,000 psig (69 barg)
- >90% SF6 Recovery
- <5 vol % SF6 in feed
- 99.9%-99.999+% with PSA technology
- Flow rates from 0.5 to 1,000 SCFM
Contact us to inquire about a SF6 Recovery Package.