Biogas Treatment, Processing and Systems
During anaerobic digestion or degradation in the absence of oxygen, organic material is decomposed by bacteria forming biogas, a mixture of CO2 and CH4 with trace amounts of H2S and H2O. The biogas can be used as vehicle fuel, in industrial processes or injected into the gas distribution grid, but first needs to be treated.
GENERON® membrane systems are used to reduce the CO2 and improve the heating value of the gas. The systems also reduce the H2S and H2O content. The customized biogas membrane systems (which can also include the feed compressor) are manufactured in our ISO 9000 Certified facilities in Houston, TX while the membrane is manufactured in our Pittsburg, CA facility.
The GENERON® Advantage
- Extensive Experience – custom designed skids
- State-of-the-art Membrane – high recoveries
- Simple Solution – no moving parts, minimal maintenance
- Remote Operation – Minimal attention required, fully automated systems
- Minimal Losses – low HC losses
- No Chemicals – environmentally friendly
- Small Footprint – easily meet footprint requirements
RELATED GENERON PRODUCTS:
- PSA systems
- Instrument air packages
- Air and gas compression packages
- On-site oilfield services – operating personnel and rental equipment
In a typical GENERON® biogas membrane system the feed gas is filtered to remove any entrained aerosols and liquids. The gas then enters the GENERON® membrane filters. The CO2 as well as any H2S and H2O permeate through the membrane. The non-permeated gas, mainly CH4, remains at pressure and is the product gas.
- Feed gas pressures up to 1,000 psig (69 barg)
- > 60 vol% CO2 in feed
- < 2% CO2 content in product
- > 98% recovery of hydrocarbon gas
- > 90% removal of CO2
- Flow rates from 0.01 to 500 MMscfd
- No moving parts, and designed for remote unmanned operation
- Treat a wide range of flow rates
- Efficient packaging minimizes space and weight – ideal for offshore applications
- Custom designed systems – maximize total hydrocarbon recovery
- System flexibility – Can operate at wide range of flow rates and CO2 Content
- Quick deployment & quick Installation – skidded system can be installed in hours
Contact us to inquire about a Biogas Treatment System.